Sunday, August 24, 2008

Joe Biden and Barack Obama

Rest easy America because the day has finally come where Barack Obama has announced his running mate….OPRAH!!!!! Yes, Oprah Winfrey will be Obama’s VP and to help with the whole high gas prices issue, all supporters are getting a FREE HYBRID!!!!!!!!- Taxes included.


Alright so it’s not Oprah, but instead Sen. Joe Biden. Yes he who once said that Obama wasn’t ready to be America’s next president, is now his running mate. Of course Biden himself ran for the 2008 presidency but failed, but when asked if he wanted to be vice-president his answer was “no”.

Said Biden to Brian Williams on the June 22 edition of Meet the Press, “Now--number one, I, I am not interested in being vice president. I've let the candidate know. If the candidate asks me to be vice president, the answer is I got to say yes. But he's not going to ask me…if the presidential nominee thought I could help him win, am I going to say to the first African-American candidate about to make history in the world that, "No, I will not help you out like you want me to"? Of course, I'm--I'll say yes.”
So for the sake of the Democratic Party, Biden said yes.

Now when the 3 A.M announcement went out on Obama’s VP pick, Sen. McCain’s campaign was quick to respond. Including the statement made by Biden on his thoughts on Obama’s readiness, the McCain campaign added Biden’s thoughts on McCain, which was a more positive opinion.




Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi had this to say on Sen. Biden on today’s Meet the Press, “He is well-respected throughout the world. Not only does he know the leaders of other countries, they know him and they respect him. So I believe that on that issue when it comes to the security of our people, whether it's in their neighborhoods or in the security of our country, we will see a strong message coming from the Democrats.”

Some say that Biden has just as much experience in Washington as John McCain. So does Biden help make up for where Barack lacks? Is he the other 98% to Obama’s 2%? Now Biden brings a lot, just maybe not the Hillary supporters, and that’s where McCain needs to act. So with the Democratic Convention kicking off this weekend, America will be hearing a lot about Presi…I mean Vice-Presidential candidate Joe Biden and Barack Obama.


No comments: