Monday, January 12, 2009

Bush's Final Press Conference

How will history see our 43rd President? Will the people who throw shoes, or hold up signs calling for the arrest of George Bush being proven wrong tomorrow (not that what they are doing is right)?

Said Bush, “It's not the first time, however, in history that people have expressed themselves in sometimes undignified ways. I've been reading, you know, a lot about Abraham Lincoln during my presidency and there's some pretty harsh discord when it came to the 16th president, just like there's been harsh discord for the 43rd president.”

Things can look one way today, but different tomorrow. Opinions and views change, and so can the way we look at President Bush today. No doubt mistakes were made, but I don’t feel Bush was the worst president this country has ever had. I blame thoughts like that on a bias media.

Some believe that because the majority say Bush is the worst president it's true, but how many even know why they don't like Bush? Probably not many. Maybe this will make more sense, millions of tween girls think the Jonas Brothers are great...have you heard them sing?

When asked about America's  image overseas the president said, "I disagree with this assessment that, you know, that people view America in a dim light," he said. "It may be damaged amongst some of the elite. But people still understand America stands for freedom."

I could spend a lot more time blogging about the past eight years, I could tell you what I think, you’d tell me yours, but really it’s to soon to tell. I think history will paint a different picture then the one today of Mr. Bush. But whatever is said years from now I’ve posted below a video of Bush’s final press conference.





No comments: