Thursday, January 24, 2008

Kucinich is Out...Again

Alas, there has been yet another campaign casualty. Democratic candidate for president, Dennis Kucinich has officially ended his bid for the seat in the Oval Office. In case you're not exactly sure who Dennis Kucinich is, he's the candidate that almost resembles Gilligan.

Kucinich's campaign was certainly a long-shot, and it's amazing to me that he held in for this long- of course it is still pretty early in election year. Kucinich was never really heard from much, he was probably the Fred Thompson of the Democratic Party. Back in my sophomore year of high school I had to do a short report on Kucinich in my Current Events class. I believe I mentioned Kucinich's plan to run for president and how it would certainly be interesting to see what the future held. To be honest I didn't really expect much. I kinda find his campaign to be as popular as Basic Instinct 2 or Daddy Day Camp (not that I saw either of them).

But just so you know a little about the man- and that wasn't a height crack. Kucinich proposed a Department of Peace, backed universal health care and supported gay marriage. He also pushed for the impeachment of Vice President Dick Cheney.

Ah, man, why did he have to drop out.

This withdrawal from the race is not the first time for Kucinich. He campaigned back in the 2004 elections before dropping out. He returned to this election however with a wife. Kucinich hoped a mate would cast a positive outcome this time around, especially after that contest to win a date with back in 'O4.

But anyways, maybe he'll return in 2012. Until then, Kucinich is out...again.

No comments: